Yummy Mummys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:40 am
Twitter Widget
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

Would people like the option to have their real name displayed?

Beyond our control Vote_lcap118%Beyond our control Vote_rcap1 18% [ 2 ]
Beyond our control Vote_lcap118%Beyond our control Vote_rcap1 18% [ 2 ]
Beyond our control Vote_lcap164%Beyond our control Vote_rcap1 64% [ 7 ]

Total Votes : 11

Beyond our control

Go down

Beyond our control Empty Beyond our control

One of the frustrations of being part of the Admin team is the things that are totally beyond our control.
We try to produce a forum that's fun and supportive for our members, welcoming to new joiners and easy to use. But we seem to have been plagued in the last few days with glitches!!
First some display issues that mean some members, but not all, have had problems with posts not displaying properly, blank or disappearing posts and their page header overlapping the top of the forum. The biggest problem is trying to work out why these things happen and in some cases I'm afraid we're having to admit defeat Beyond our control Icon_cry
It's also frustrating when we set up new features that are possibly causing problems elsewhere, such as the possible hangtime problems caused by the Twitter widget to the left - we've had to amend the widget to see if it helps, but it's a Twitter problem rather than the widget itself that leads to the slowdown.
Finally we've had the quoting issue, which has been well documented on the forum support forum - yes, we have a support forum to help us keep this forum running smoothly!! That's the best bit about the whole thing - it's amazing what new features you can learn about by browsing on there. It does look today like the quote thing may be solved (?) but nothing on the support forum about it, so can't be sure...
Well, will go for now, but hope you're all still enjoying the site despite the technical ups and downs and hope our newest members aren't being put off by some of the glitches!!
pingucb
pingucb
Admin
Admin

Location Location : Surrey

http://pingucb.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Beyond our control :: Comments

Amira

Post Sat May 15, 2010 12:40 pm  Amira

That's the problem with free hosting Claire, but don't make yourself anxious over it, what you do already is far more than many do on many other forums I have seen as most just don't have the time, but you go way out of your way to sort things and you should be proud of how much you have achieved.

I think the forum is great and has a large number of features that I haven't seen on others that must be difficult for you to manage, especially this late on in your pregnancy. I think many others will agree with me that you deserve huge thanks for what you have done with the forum and in keeping it all together. I haven't been here long but it's already clear just how much effort you do put into it.

Back to top Go down

baranigirl

Post Sat May 15, 2010 2:15 pm  baranigirl

Claire don't worry yourself over it, tis just a forum hunny, life goes on and waiting an extra few secs to load isn't the end of the world xx

Back to top Go down

pingucb

Post Sat May 15, 2010 2:29 pm  pingucb

Sorry guys that sounded more negative than I'd intended. Thanks for your support.
I'm not overly stressed over it, just having a bad day Beyond our control Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum